Show: March 25, 2012:
- The Supreme Court and the Individual Mandate
- Art Caplan: Legal & Moral Views of the Individual Mandate
- Myth: Sleeping Problems Increase With Age
- Vaccine Recommendation for Adults
- Doc Chat: Alcohol and Breast Cancer Risk
- Toxic Shark Fins
- Book: Organize Your Mind Organize Your Life
- View all topics for the week
Vaccine Recommendation for Adults
Interview: Alan Fleischman, MD, medical director, March of Dimes
Katie and Craig Tornhout, parents, South Bend, Indiana
A CDC vaccine advisory panel now urges adults 65 and older to receive the vaccine for tetanus, diphtheria and pertussis —– also known as TDAP. In the past few years, pertussis —– or whooping cough —– has cropped up in a number of cities around the country, and experts now recommend all adults over 19 receive a booster to prevent the spread of the disease.
Sound Medicine’s Barbara Lewis learns about the importance of TDAP booster shots from March of Dimes Medical Director Alan Fleischman, MD, and from South Bend, Ind., parents Katie and Craig Tornhout, who share their tragic experience with whooping cough.