Show: May 20, 2012:
- Tasers on the job: Do they pose an unnecessary risk?
- Individuals with Longer Commutes Prone to Poor Health
- “Pink Slime”: Why is it a problem?
- Overeating Leads to Weight Gain Regardless of Diet Composition
- Displaced Auto Workers for Nursing (DAWN) Program
- How do Breast Cancer Treatments Affect the Ability to Exercise?
- Author discusses “Mindfulness for Beginners”
- View all topics for the week
Checkup: Displaced Auto Workers for Nursing (DAWN) Program
Host Jeremy Shere shares the success story behind the creation of DAWN or Displaced Auto Workers for Nursing program. The high unemployment rate in Detroit following the decline of the auto industry was the reason behind the founding of this revolutionary program. DAWN provides individuals the chance to reboot their lives and careers.