Show: May 27, 2012:
- The Emperor of All Maladies
- Broken Bodies, Shattered Minds
- Fitness Trumps High Blood Pressure Genes
- The Good Doctors
- The Country Doctor Revisited
- A Cautionary Tale of Summer Barbeques
- The Panic Virus: A True Story of Medicine, Science, and Fear
- Get Me Out: A History of Childbirth from the Garden of Eden to the Sperm Bank
- View all topics for the week
Did You Know?: Fitness Trumps High Blood Pressure Genes
A recent study showed that even moderate amounts of exercise, such as brisk walking, can significantly reduce the odds of developing high blood pressure for individuals with a familial history of hypertension. Inversely, study participants with a low level of physical fitness and a parent with high blood pressure were 70% more likely to develop high blood pressure themselves.
Did you know is presented by Wishard Health Services, becoming Eskenazi Health in 2014.