Show: June 3, 2012:
- Does new drug signify Cystic Fibrosis breakthrough?
- Energy and Sport Drinks Compromise Dental Health
- What is behind the slow growth in health care spending?
- Do unnecessary medical tests violate the “Do No Harm” oath?
- “Chinplants” procedure on the rise
- How can you avoid deep vein thrombosis during air travel?
- What is the solution to fixing our “broken” health care system?
- View all topics for the week
Checkup: “Chinplants” procedure on the rise
Fueled by the media obsession with a “manly” look and strong jawline commonly attributed to celebrities such as Brad Pitt and George Clooney a procedure known as a chinplant or chin implants is being performed more commonly. Guest Derrick Antell, M.D., a New York City based plastic surgeon comments on the increasing prevalence of this procedure and its ability to make recipients look younger and more physically fit.