Show: June 3, 2012:
- Does new drug signify Cystic Fibrosis breakthrough?
- Energy and Sport Drinks Compromise Dental Health
- What is behind the slow growth in health care spending?
- Do unnecessary medical tests violate the “Do No Harm” oath?
- “Chinplants” procedure on the rise
- How can you avoid deep vein thrombosis during air travel?
- What is the solution to fixing our “broken” health care system?
- View all topics for the week
What is the solution to fixing our “broken” health care system?
Interview: Otis Brawley, MD, Chief Medical Officer and executive vice president of the American Cancer Society, professor of hematology, oncology, medicine and epidemiology at Emory University
According to author Otis Webb Brawley, M.D., today’s health care system is burdened by rich people who consume too much health care and poor people who do not receive preventive care. Tune in to hear Dr. Brawley, chief medical officer of the American Cancer Society, discuss his book “How We Do Harm: A Doctor Breaks Ranks About Being Sick in America” and his belief in evidence-based medicine as the cure for our ailing system.