Show: June 10, 2012:
- Are better breast cancer treatments on the horizon?
- Can black pepper keep you thin?
- Are connections between oral health and heart disease valid?
- What is behind the increased prevalence of preschoolers with cavities?
- When are chubby babies too chubby?
- Are “food deserts” present in your community?
- What safety issues can uproot your summer garden?
- View all topics for the week
Are better breast cancer treatments on the horizon?
Interview: Kathy Miller, M.D.
This week’s doc chat with frequent Sound Medicine contributor, Kathy Miller, M.D., focuses on TDM-1, a drug currently in development to treat breast cancer. In trials thus far it has been shown to extend survival and have fewer side effects than current treatments. This is one of the most exciting developments of out this year’s American Society of Clinical Oncology conference.