Show: June 24, 2012:
- What is the secret behind the ALIVE programís success?
- How can we fight obesity at a societal level?
- Have anti-smoking campaigns been effective?
- Are gaps present in seniorsí healthcare?
- What would your doctor do in your shoes?
- Would you get a ďfish pedicure?Ē
- How does industry shape health and fitness myths?
- View all topics for the week
In the Field: What is the secret behind the ALIVE programís success?
The John Hopkins School of Public Health ALIVE program, or AIDS Linked to the Intravenous Experience, is celebrating 25 years of research into HIV and injection drug use. A large part of the program's success can be attributed to a single person known as Bert. In a special field piece, Scott Goldberg chronicles Bertís amazing journey from a heroin user to valued employee of the ALIVE program who is responsible for tracking down study participants who have missed visits.
Photos: Hanna Jamal www.hannajamal.com