Show: June 24, 2012:
- What is the secret behind the ALIVE program’s success?
- How can we fight obesity at a societal level?
- Have anti-smoking campaigns been effective?
- Are gaps present in seniors’ healthcare?
- What would your doctor do in your shoes?
- Would you get a “fish pedicure?”
- How does industry shape health and fitness myths?
- View all topics for the week
Are gaps present in seniors’ healthcare?
Interview: Rosanne Leipzig, M.D., Ph.D., professor of geriatrics at the Mount Sinai School of Medicine in New York
Rosanne Leipzig, M.D., conducted a survey by the John A. Hartford Foundation about senior wellness. The results made it apparent that many seniors are not receiving the preventive care necessary to thwart avoidable medical problems. Dr. Leipzig visits “Sound Medicine” this week to share her insight regarding the kinds of care seniors are missing and the importance of wellness visits.