Show: July 8, 2012:
- Is extended treatment timeframe following strokes sound science?
- Are anthrax kits beneficial to the public?
- How important is fiber for adolescents?
- How reliable are statins in the fight against heart disease?
- Are statins responsible for fatigue?
- Are parents happier than non-parents?
- Do fish oil supplements boost heart health?
- Can corporate wellness programs improve employee health?
- View all topics for the week
Are anthrax kits beneficial to the public?
Interview: David Crabb, M.D.
The Food and Drug Administration is considering a plan to issue anthrax medical kits to millions of Americans in an effort to combat potential bioterrorism attacks. David Crabb, M.D., joins host Barbara Lewis to discuss concerns over this plan, including the misuse of the medical kits and the potential for public panic.