Show: July 8, 2012:
- Is extended treatment timeframe following strokes sound science?
- Are anthrax kits beneficial to the public?
- How important is fiber for adolescents?
- How reliable are statins in the fight against heart disease?
- Are statins responsible for fatigue?
- Are parents happier than non-parents?
- Do fish oil supplements boost heart health?
- Can corporate wellness programs improve employee health?
- View all topics for the week
Do fish oil supplements boost heart health?
Interview: Sara Blackburn D.Sc., RD, Clinical Associate Professor in the Department of Nutrition and Dietetics at Indiana University School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences.
Fish oil supplements have previously been linked to improved heart health. Sara Blackburn, D.Sc., RD, at the Indiana University School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, visits "Sound Medicine" this week to discuss the conflicting reports on the impact of fish oil and its potential to prevent heart attacks and strokes.