Show: July 8, 2012:
- Is extended treatment timeframe following strokes sound science?
- Are anthrax kits beneficial to the public?
- How important is fiber for adolescents?
- How reliable are statins in the fight against heart disease?
- Are statins responsible for fatigue?
- Are parents happier than non-parents?
- Do fish oil supplements boost heart health?
- Can corporate wellness programs improve employee health?
- View all topics for the week
Checkup: Are parents happier than non-parents?
Previous studies concluded that non-parents are typically happier than parents. Katie Nelson, Ph.D. candidate conducted a study which concluded that parents are generally happier and derive a sense of value and purpose from their role as a parent.