Show: July 8, 2012:
- Is extended treatment timeframe following strokes sound science?
- Are anthrax kits beneficial to the public?
- How important is fiber for adolescents?
- How reliable are statins in the fight against heart disease?
- Are statins responsible for fatigue?
- Are parents happier than non-parents?
- Do fish oil supplements boost heart health?
- Can corporate wellness programs improve employee health?
- View all topics for the week
Did You Know?: How important is fiber for adolescents?
Although fiber intake is normally a hot topic for seniors, it is becoming increasingly apparent that proper fiber consumption is important for adolescents. A recent study found that adolescents only consume a third of the fiber that they need and overall low consumption of fiber leads to a higher likelihood of obesity and heart disease.