Show: July 29, 2012:
- What makes Amish children less susceptible to allergies?
- Is the rural population underserved by physicians?
- Are painless injections in your future?
- How can urban farming affect impoverished American families?
- Does 'juicing' have significant nutritional value?
- How can primitive language benefit speech disorder treatments?
- Move or Die: Can this phrase revolutionize exercise guidelines?
- Does the secret to health lie in the first 20 minutes of exercise?
- View all topics for the week
Checkup: How can primitive language benefit speech disorder treatments?
Studying the roots of human speech may be able to serve as a breakthrough in the future for patients being treated for speech disorders.
Tecumseh Fitch, evolutionary biologist studies the speech patterns and movements of monkeys and has determined that human speech originated in the lip smacks of monkeys.