Show: September 2, 2012:
- Which part of the hospital environment draws the most criticism?
- What should you know about concussion care?
- Why has the twin birth rate increased?
- Does new drug signify Cystic Fibrosis breakthrough?
- What is the secret behind the ALIVE programís success?
- What leads to math anxiety?
- What do nets mean for malaria-stricken African nations?
- Is running without gravity a possibility in your future?
- View all topics for the week
Did You Know?: Why has the twin birth rate increased?
Several theories explain the twofold increase in the twin birth rate in the past 30 years. One culprit may be the birth control pill--thereís some evidence that women are more likely to conceive twins right after getting off the pill. But experts say that fertility treatments like in-vitro fertilization are the main cause. Because such treatments typically involve implanting a handful of frozen embryos in the hopes that one will develop in the womb, thereís always a chance that more than one will develop.