Show: September 9, 2012:
- Are laws restricting sugary snacks effective in fighting childhood obesity?
- What are the consequences of unintended pregnancies?
- What is the relationship between fitness and grades in adolescents?
- Is there value in adding ultrasound technology to routine mammograms?
- How does mobility affect the diagnosis of breast cancer?
- Can meditation combat loneliness?
- How can personal narratives serve to influence public health policy?
- Can the overuse of technology precipitate forms of mental illness?
- View all topics for the week
How does mobility affect the diagnosis of breast cancer?
Interview: Theresa Rohr Kirchgraber, M.D., Director of the IU National Center of Excellence in Women's Health and regularly sees patients at Wishard and Riley Hospitals.
A recent study found that women with mobility issues have problems getting mammograms to diagnose cancer and getting early treatment for breast cancer. Theresa Rohr-Kirchgraber, M.D., regularly sees patients at Wishard Hospital and is the director of the IU National Center of Excellence in Women's Health. She discusses the impact of this finding on patients and what physicians can do for breast cancer patients with limited mobility.