Show: September 23, 2012:
- How prevalent are eating disorders among older women?
- What impact does fast food consumption have on the development of diabetes?
- What health risks are associated with tattoos?
- What has changed since the Womenís Health Initiative findings ten years ago?
- Why do chimps rarely suffer from cancer?
- How do long periods of sitting affect your longevity?
- How does a patientís motivation towards their health care facilitate health outcomes?
- View all topics for the week
How does a patientís motivation towards their health care facilitate health outcomes?
Interview: Theresa Rohr Kirchgraber, M.D., Director the IU National Center for Excellence in Women's Health, regularly sees patients at Wishard and Riley hospitals.
In a New York Times column, Pauline Chen, M.D., examines how patient engagement with their health care affects their health. Theresa Rohr-Kirchgraber, M.D., resident womenís health expert for "Sound Medicine," discusses the increased incidence of patients uninterested in engaging in their health care and issues related to patients' non-compliance with medication regimens. Rohr-Kirchgraber regularly sees patients at Wishard Hospital and is the director of the IU National Center of Excellence in Womenís Health.