Show: October 7, 2012:
- Why is workplace-related asthma on the rise?
- Are toothache’s linked to bad grades?
- Should routine ovarian cancer screenings end?
- How does your state fare on the Women’s Health Report Card?
- Will promising treatments soon be available to breast cancer patients newly diagnosed with aggressiv
- What do smart sutures mean for the future of wound care?
- What is the microbiome and how does it help us?
- View all topics for the week
Checkup: What do smart sutures mean for the future of wound care?
John Rogers, professor of materials science and engineering at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign shares the details behind the invention of sutures that boast new features which promote a speedy recovery, including sensors that detect heat, a sign of infection.