Show: October 14, 2012:
- How do different subtypes of breast cancer affect treatment?
- Can cute images boost your brain power?
- What creates communication barriers between caregivers and health care providers?
- How can bacteria aid in weight loss?
- What has changed at the IUSM Student Outreach Clinic since its inception in 2009?
- Can our complex healthcare system be boiled down to a 200-page paperback?
- View all topics for the week
Checkup: How can bacteria aid in weight loss?
In this weeks “Checkup” segment, Suzanne Devkota shares how certain types of bacteria are more efficient at collecting calories than others. This may be promising for scientists to be able to manipulate the bacteria in our guts to promote weight loss.