Show: October 21, 2012:
- What guidelines dictate the treatment of childhood aggression?
- Can early pet exposure reduce allergies?
- What mental health and substance abuse issues do baby boomers face?
- Does environment affect food consumption?
- Besides humans, what other mammal can be infected by West Nile Virus?
- How does the bond between an animal and a human benefit human health?
- View all topics for the week
Did You Know?: Can early pet exposure reduce allergies?
Researchers at Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit followed a group of children from birth until age 18. The researchers studied participants’ blood samples and found that those who’d lived with an indoor dog during their first year of life had about half the risk of becoming allergic compared to those who did not live with a dog. Ditto for cats.