Show: November 11, 2012:
- How will recently enacted Affordable Care Act policies affect Medicare for hospitals?
- What do bariatric surgery recipients often replace food with?
- How can physician education help lower the cost of health care?
- How should doctors respond to "incidental" findings?
- What is the scientific origin of boredom?
- How can we help kids be resilient when encountering stress and trauma?
- When should I call the pediatrician?
- View all topics for the week
Did You Know?: What do bariatric surgery recipients often replace food with?
Individuals who have undergone bariatric surgery may be more susceptible to substance abuse issues according to recent studies. This may originate from that many candidates for weight loss surgery have addictive personalities that led to a binge-eating disorder.