Show: November 18, 2012:
- How do traditional and social media converge to help those with rare diseases?
- What happens when a leading medical institution excludes a new drug from its treatment panel?
- What are the long term effects of ADHD?
- What happens when patients donít follow doctorsí orders?
- How do you know if it is time to reach out for help with addiction?
- What makes your stomach turn?
- What do "mundane" behaviors accomplish?
- When should doctors retire?
- View all topics for the week
What happens when patients donít follow doctorsí orders?
Interview: Walid Gellad, M.D., M.P.H., Assistant Professor of Medicine, assistant professor of health policy and management, U of Pittsburgh; associate scientist at RAND Corporation.
Studies show that when patients donít take their medications as prescribed, their conditions and the cost of health care rise precipitously. Walid Gellad, M.D., MPH, assistant professor of health policy and management and the University of Pittsburgh and associate scientist at RAND Corporation, talks about incentives to encourage patients to take their medications.