Show: November 18, 2012:
- How do traditional and social media converge to help those with rare diseases?
- What happens when a leading medical institution excludes a new drug from its treatment panel?
- What are the long term effects of ADHD?
- What happens when patients don’t follow doctors’ orders?
- How do you know if it is time to reach out for help with addiction?
- What makes your stomach turn?
- What do "mundane" behaviors accomplish?
- When should doctors retire?
- View all topics for the week
Checkup: What makes your stomach turn?
Scientists are only beginning to understand what causes nausea. Linda Parker, professor of psychology at University of Guelph in Canada, has studied the physical origin of nausea in rats. Parker discusses her research with nausea and rats, and its potential to alleviate nausea in humans, with “Sound Medicine” host Jeremy Shere in this week’s Checkup.