Show: November 18, 2012:
- How do traditional and social media converge to help those with rare diseases?
- What happens when a leading medical institution excludes a new drug from its treatment panel?
- What are the long term effects of ADHD?
- What happens when patients don’t follow doctors’ orders?
- How do you know if it is time to reach out for help with addiction?
- What makes your stomach turn?
- What do "mundane" behaviors accomplish?
- When should doctors retire?
- View all topics for the week
What do "mundane" behaviors accomplish?
Interview: Robert Provine, Ph.D., Professor of Psychology and Assistant Director of the Neuroscience Program at the University of Maryland Baltimore County.
Psychologist Robert R. Provine, Ph.D., set out to find the purpose of behaviors we all exhibit, including laughing, yawning and sneezing. In his new book “Curious Behavior,” Provine shares the inspiration behind his book and the parallels between such behaviors in humans and animals.