Show: December 30, 2012:
- What is the Berlin Heart?
- What is behind the increased prevalence of preschoolers with cavities?
- How are pediatricians helping families with medically complex children?
- Does new drug signify cystic fibrosis breakthrough?
- How do teenagers interpret the cancer experience?
- Are parents happier than non-parents?
- View all topics for the week
What is behind the increased prevalence of preschoolers with cavities?
Interview: Jeffrey Dean, DDS, MSD, executive associate dean at IU School of Dentistry
For the first time in 40 years, there is an increased number of children with multiple cavities, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Mirroring this alarming trend is the increased number of children who have to be anesthetized to treat their great number of cavities and overall tooth decay. Tune in to hear Jeffrey Dean, DDS, MSD, executive associate dean at IU School of Dentistry, share his thoughts regarding the origins of this trend and advice for parents of preschoolers to reduce the incidence of cavities.