Show: December 30, 2012:
- What is the Berlin Heart?
- What is behind the increased prevalence of preschoolers with cavities?
- How are pediatricians helping families with medically complex children?
- Does new drug signify cystic fibrosis breakthrough?
- How do teenagers interpret the cancer experience?
- Are parents happier than non-parents?
- View all topics for the week
Checkup: Are parents happier than non-parents?
Previous studies concluded that non-parents are typically happier than parents. Katie Nelson, Ph.D. candidate conducted a study which concluded that parents are generally happier and derive a sense of value and purpose from their role as a parent.