Show: January 6, 2013:
- How does farm policy affect the nation's nutrition and health?
- Does sleep impact pain tolerance?
- How common are farm injuries in children and teens?
- What are the most grave public health concerns in the U.S.?
- Is there a science to maintaining your New Year resolutions?
- Are you a good parent?
- View all topics for the week
How does farm policy affect the nation's nutrition and health?
Interview: Parke Wilde, Ph.D., Associate professor, Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy, Tufts University.
A large piece of legislation known as the Farm Bill has been stalled on the House floor because of budgetary concerns. The Farm Bill addresses issues such as rising milk prices, nutrition assistance programs for the poor and agriculture subsidies. Without the passage of this legislation, the farming industry has been reverting to outdated policy. Parke Wilde, Ph.D., discusses policy changes that would have a positive impact on the nation and how components of the Farm Bill would effect change. Dr. Wilde is an associate professor in the Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy at Tufts University and the author of the upcoming book, “Food Policy in the United States: An Introduction.”