Show: January 13, 2013:
- This week on Sound Medicine...
- How does the Affordable Care Act affect taxpayers now?
- How can hiking increase creativity?
- Can hospital observation areas decrease health care spending?
- How can hospitals improve the quality of their care?
- How can lack of sleep lead to depression and learning defecits?
- Will osteoporosis screenings fall victim to budget cuts?
- Are extreme conditioning programs safe?
- View all topics for the week
How does the Affordable Care Act affect taxpayers now?
Interview: Aaron Carroll M.D., M.S., Associate Professor of Pediatrics at the IUSM and is the Associate Director for Research of the Children’s Health Services Research Program.
Aaron Carroll, M.S., M.D., associate professor of pediatrics at the Indiana University School of Medicine, discusses how the Affordable Care Act will affect taxpayers in the coming months. The Affordable Care Act officially takes effect in January 2014, but several provisions are being implemented this year. These provisions specifically affect Medicare and Medicaid recipients, caregivers and all taxpayers