Show: January 13, 2013:
- This week on Sound Medicine...
- How does the Affordable Care Act affect taxpayers now?
- How can hiking increase creativity?
- Can hospital observation areas decrease health care spending?
- How can hospitals improve the quality of their care?
- How can lack of sleep lead to depression and learning defecits?
- Will osteoporosis screenings fall victim to budget cuts?
- Are extreme conditioning programs safe?
- View all topics for the week
Checkup: How can lack of sleep lead to depression and learning defecits?
Staying up too late? Thatís a problem not only because sleeping too little saps energy Ö but also also because it can lead to depression and even learning deficits. Samer Hattar, Ph.D, a neuroscientist at Johns Hopkins University shares his research on the subject.