Show: January 20, 2013:
- Are preventive care benefits available?
- Can bad cholesterol be banished?
- Could supercharged cells cure cancer?
- Are psychiatric diagnoses dependent on the Diagnostic Statisticians Manual?
- Where's the white coat?
- More recess may increase mental and physical productivity in school children
- Have kids, live longer
- View all topics for the week
Could supercharged cells cure cancer?
Interview: Dan Waxman, M.D., executive vice president and chief medical officer for Indiana Blood Center.
Dan Waxman, M.D., executive vice president and chief medical officer for Indiana Blood Center, discusses the new treatment for prostate cancer, Provenge. The regenerative medical treatment involves supercharging white blood cells to enhance their ability to fight prostate cancer.