Show: February 3, 2013:
- Flu myths vs. reality: What's the difference?
- How much could cancer cost you?
- Diet Soda Depression
- Doc chat: Breast cancer and chemo brain
- Doc chat: Women's health care funding
- Creaky knees
- Overstated research results: Where do we draw the line?
- Making the transition from doctor to journalist
- View all topics for the week
Flu myths vs. reality: What's the difference?
Interview: Deanna Willis, M.D., associate professor of family medicine, vice chair of research, Department of Family Medicine, IU School of Medicine.
The early onset of flu season this year has resulted in public health emergencies in several states, restricted hospital visits, and a lot of miserable people. Deanna Willis, M.D., discusses the differences between the flu, the common cold, and the respiratory syncytial virus that's been affecting children.