Show: February 17, 2013:
- How is Doctors Without Borders reducing African childbirth mortality?
- Quit smoking by 44, or else!
- Multiple brain surgeries may increase odds of survival
- Is medication non-compliance costing you?
- Xtreme eating
- Are boys entering puberty earlier than ever?
- Doc Chat: Parents and contraception
- View all topics for the week
Multiple brain surgeries may increase odds of survival
Interview: Alfredo Quinones-Hinojosa, M.D., professor of neurosurgery and oncology, director of Pituitary Tumor Center, Johns Hopkins.
Alfredo Quinones-Hinojosa, M.D., discusses a new study that indicates patients with glioblastomas, the most aggressive and deadly form of brain tumor, may benefit from having more than one surgery to remove tumors.