Show: February 17, 2013:
- How is Doctors Without Borders reducing African childbirth mortality?
- Quit smoking by 44, or else!
- Multiple brain surgeries may increase odds of survival
- Is medication non-compliance costing you?
- Xtreme eating
- Are boys entering puberty earlier than ever?
- Doc Chat: Parents and contraception
- View all topics for the week
Is medication non-compliance costing you?
Interview: Hayden Bosworth, Ph.D., associate director for the Center for Health Services Research in Primary Care at Durham Veterans Affairs Medical Center, research professor at Duke University Medical Center.
Hayden Bosworth, Ph.D., discusses why people who rely on medication to maintain their health may have a problem with medication adherence. Bosworth discusses new gedgets like the smart pill and uBox that help and encourage people to adhere to their medication regimes.