Show: April 7, 2013:
- Is is safe to give stimulants to healthy children?
- Are kids eating fewer calories?
- Are teens and young adults getting access to mental health care?
- Can pregnancy permanently change feet?
- What are the benefits of an expanded Medicaid program?
- Why is the millennial generation so stressed?
- View all topics for the week
Why is the millennial generation so stressed?
Interview: Nancy Molitor, Ph.D., developmental and clinical psychologist, Northwestern University
The American Psychological Association recently released a report that young adults between the ages of 18 and 33, the millennials, are Americaís most stressed out generation. According to Nancy Molitor, Ph.D., developmental and clinical psychologist at Northwestern University, the millennials have plenty to be stressed about. Some carry debt due to student loans, which they cannot repay. Many millennials are either unemployed or underemployed. Around 27% of college graduates move back in with their parents and 14% of the millennials say they are delaying getting married because itís too expensive. Dr. Mollitor says that although coming of age is always stressful, the millennial generation is feeling symptoms usually related to a mid-life crisis.