Show: June 9, 2013:
- How has the Great Recession affected Americans' health?
- Blood tests for depression
- Is there a link between eating disorders and exercise?
- What happens during digestion?
- Do AHDH medications cause long term brain changes?
- What are the best medical apps for smartphones?
- Which medical gadgets are worth purchasing?
- View all topics for the week
What are the best medical apps for smartphones?
Interview: Alex Djuricich, M.D., associate professor of clinical medicine, associate dean for continuing studies, Indiana University School of Medicine.
"Sound Medicine" guest expert Kathy Miller, M.D., speaks with technology expert Alex Djuricich, M.D., about the newest and best medical apps for smartphones. According to Dr. Djuricich, the Stanford Medicine 25 and medical journal apps are important for medical students and professionals. However, he warns that not all apps are created equal; a study by the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center showed some medical apps may not be as accurate as others. Here is a full list of apps suggested by Dr. Djuricich:
Annals of Internal Medicine
New England Journal of Medicine
The Red Book
Journal of Pediatrics