Show: June 30, 2013:
- Who will be able to buy Plan B over the counter?
- Doc Chat: Can vinegar detect cervical cancer?
- Could ultrasounds be used to boost your mood?
- How will one new medical school convince more students to enter primary care?
- Doc Chat: Why should medical schools revise their curricula to address sex and gender differences?
- Why should we include white vegetables in our diet?
- Why are doctors taking art classes?
- Drawing with Doctors
- View all topics for the week
Drawing with Doctors
Interview: Sandy Roab, "Sound Medicine" reporter.
"Sound Medicine" reporter Sandy Robb recently attended an art class with several medical residents at the Indianapolis Art Center. The classes are the brainchild of Dr. Christopher Jones of My Plastic Surgery Group. According to Rob Paul, M.D., an Indiana University plastic surgery resident, taking art classes has helped him understand negative space in addressing the fine details in facial structures. Another medical resident, Christine Ueno, M.D., has noticed she needs to work more on proportions and translating two-dimensional to three-dimensional objects.