Show: August 18, 2013:
- How is Alzheimer’s research benefitting from the X Prize?
- Does aging affect sleeping?
- What role do nurses play in patient independence?
- Does anesthesia cause dementia in elderly patients?
- How can we help the elderly make ethical medical decisions?
- Can meditation help with loneliness?
- Should you go to the ER or not?
- View all topics for the week
Checkup: Should you go to the ER or not?
Lee Wilbur, M.D., visits “Sound Medicine” for a special game show inspired segment. Dr. Wilbur is an associate professor of clinical emergency medicine at the Indiana University School of Medicine and is playing ER or not with Host Barbara Lewis. Dr. Wilbur will be given a list of symptoms and asked to identify if a person with these symptoms should go to the ER or not. To view a list of symptoms and to find out if you should go to the ER visit soundmedicine.iu.edu.