Show: September 22, 2013:
- Why should "young invincibles" purchase health insurance?
- What is the Health Insurance Marketplace?
- Can pediatricians prevent children from smoking?
- What was President Grover Cleveland’s secret?
- How can a computer program detect autism?
- Why are some medical students hypochondriacs?
- How often should women be screened for osteoporosis?
- Sex and Alzheimer’s: Where do we draw the line?
- View all topics for the week
Checkup: Why are some medical students hypochondriacs?
You might that the more you know about how medicine works, the less likely you are to be a hypochondriac. Yet medical students are some of the most intense hypochondriacs around. Why? Jeremy Shere and Barron Lerner, M.D., explain this troubling trend.