Show: October 13, 2013:
- Are corporate wellness programs effective?
- Rhythm and language
- Why did the NIH substantially cut research on chimpanzees?
- Too much work
- How can children brush their teeth more effectively?
- What have researchers learned about concussions in the NFL?
- View all topics for the week
How can children brush their teeth more effectively?
Interview: Marc Murphy, D.D.S., Allisonville Family Dentistry.
In order to prevent plaque build-up and periodontal disease children should brush their teeth three times a day for at least two minutes. Sandy Roob visits Allisonville Family Dentistry to speak with Marc Murphy, D.D.S, about ways to promote oral health in children. Dr. Murphy suggests that parents supervise children when brushing and placing a timer in the bathroom to promote brushing for more than a few seconds. To maintain good oral hygiene children should visit the dentist every 6 months for routine cleanings and avoid sugary sodas and juices.